On this page are all of the forms, policies and additional pieces of information to help guide you through the application process.
You can also send us any queries via our enquiry form below.
To apply for Coombe Sixth Form:
- Please submit an online application by Friday 12th January 2024.
- After we receive applications we will approach current schools for references.
- After the application deadline, we will then be writing to applicants to invite them for meetings in person during February and March.
- Applicants will have the opportunity to go on a tour of the school during their visit and are welcome to bring parents/carers along if they wish.
- If successful, applicants will be offered a conditional place in our Sixth Form by the end of March 2023.
- Further information about our Sixth Form Induction Day (June 2023) and the enrolment process will be provided with sixth form offers.
Sixth formers at Coombe are role models for all of the other students within the Coombe Schools.
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is a scheme set up by the government to help the most vulnerable young people aged 16-19 continue in full time education. Its purpose is to provide financial support to help students overcome specific financial barriers to participation, so that they can remain in education.
Bursary awards are based on individual financial needs and cover the following types of essential costs:
• Course books and equipment
• Costs of travel to School
• Educational visits and field trips which are a necessary part of the study course
In addition to the essential costs, university interviews, applications and open day costs may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
You must read the policy below carefully to ensure that you fully understand the requirements of the Bursary Fund and that you do not miss important application deadlines which are non-negotiable.